Polar Panoramics


These are my two Polar Panorama examples. First I had to research the process of creating a Polar Panorama, before choosing a good location with an interesting horizon line. Similar to a spherical panorama, I took at least 10 photos moving left to right (all taken vertically) with a 10-15% overlap. After using PhotoMerge plugin in Photoshop and resizing to a square image, the next thing I did was rotate the entire image in a 180 degree turn so it was upside down. Then we applied the Polar Coordinates filter.

  1. Make sure your battery is charged
  2. Make sure the horizon clearly distinguishes the sky and ground
  3. Take 10 vertical pictures of a horizon that overlap around 15%
  4. Edit all your pictures then change  your panorama into a square so you make the height the same size as the width
  5. Flip your your image 180 so it`s upside down


 On one of my Polar Panoramas I had to add a picture of myself. I could not just add any old picture form any point of view. It had to be taken from above so its as if I`m on top of the world. Now how did I add a picture of myself to my picture. Well, I used the Quick Selection Tool. The Quick Selection tool is a tool that virtually cuts out an image from its background.

Steps to use the Quick Selection Tool

  1. Open your photo in Photoshop and make a copy of it to unlock it (command J).
  2. Next click on your quick selection tool or W for a shortcut.
  3. Now you want to click and drag your cursor over your main subject as if you were painting.
  4. Then hold down the OPTION key so your Quick selection tool becomes a subtraction tool.
  5. Now copy and paste what you have selected onto a new layer & you can change what color and what your background looks like.

Comments

  1. I really like your final product! I can tell that you put a lot of work and effort into this project. Keep up the amazing work this quarter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

Spherical Panoramas

Three Shot Sequences